Since February 1, 2018, the new pesticide residue absorption model “Model PRIMO EFSA Rev 3” has been in force.
This file gathers consumption data provided by the various Member States of the European Union and makes it possible to evaluate the dietary risks of pesticide residues, for instance, in the context of the establishment or revision of an MRL.
The model allows both acute and chronic consumer risk to be assessed.
This tool has recently been updated with editorial changes and corrections to the input values used to calculate exposure assessments.
The following changes have been made:
– A new spreadsheet has been added to convert MRLs derived from the European Commission database into a format compatible with the EFSA PRIMo.
– Correction of a number of data relating to the consumption of a large part of the consumption (PL) reported by a Member State
– Correction of unit weight data reported by a Member State
– Correction of the AJMT calculation (additional information for risk managers)
– Correction of the calculation of the residue threshold in processed products (IESTI cases 2a and 2b)
– Editorial changes.
The short-term toxicological evaluation appendices developed by our laboratory (Appendix ARFD) have been revised to reflect changes in consumption data.
These annexes are carried out as part of the analysis of pesticide residues, on the matrices identified in Annex I of Regulation No 396/2005 and on request.
For any further information, do not hesitate to contact your regional Phytocontrol office.